Monday, June 8, 2009

And the waiting game begins. . .

In many ways I think being a GC is easy, but its times like now that I know that overhead is for a reason. . . because subcontractors are not showing up or being where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there.

Thursday both our GC and his sub missed the visit from the City Inspector, who elbowed his way into the house and the tore down our plastic (so that I wouldn't have debris coming into the house from the contruction zone). Why didn't he want to enter into the house from the outside. . .I have NO idea. (Especially when we have a door that is easy access- not like having to break down plywood). I thought that was especially kind of the Inspector to tear down the plastic only to 'fail' the inspection-- knowing full well that he couldn't inspect if they subcontractor wasn't there to show him what he needed to see! Go figure?

Anyway, so much has been done, it feels like a hurry up and wait. But now that the beam is in and the room is opened up, its ironic that it actually looks smaller than before. . .but I think that is a function of not seeing things in the room.

No comments: