Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cabinets, Appliances and Counters, oh my! Cabinets, Appliances and Counters!

Our 'bar area' Icemaker/Undercounter Fridge
The Miele Optima II Dishwasher

The very indecisively decided Double Wall Ovens (Electrolux Icon Professional)


And one of the stars of the show: the Wolf rangetop 4 burner and griddle in the middle




And finally, the Subzero BI36 series with 'air scrubber' system to take the Ethelene out of the air



Enough to drive a girl insane. And I know I am not the only one as I 'troll' the gardenweb home site and try to make sure that I am doing the right thing. Just about everything fell into place with our appliances. . .that is except the double ovens. So I have spend the last week stressing over going 'one grade down' to the Electrolux Double Ovens from the Wolf L Series. I am sure in 3 months from now, I will not care and will probably be thankful to have saved the approximate $3600 (more than 1/2 price!) by not going with the Wolf. Then finding the floor model wolf about 120 miles from us and deciding that driving this 300 lb oven home is probably not a great idea, even to save $1500. I have been living an appliance roller coaster these past 3 months since finalizing and committing to this project. But we have to submit our final plans to the cabinet makers so we can have the cabinets in time to finish our project before our final inspection in September.
So I have the latest plans for our cabinetry (well the manual drawings our installer/dealer had done) and I think I am happy with all of my choices! And hopefully come late July we will have all of the cabinetry ready for installation. . .

No comments: