Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Progress, progress. . .


June 8, 2009 Pictures:
[1-2] View of Former Pantry; View of Kitchen to the Family Room


[3-4-5] Exterior Photos of the Mudroom Addition going up. . .

















June 1, 2009 Pictures *as best I can describe. .
[1 and 2] Former Pantry Area (to-be 'bar' area);





[3] View of the 'family room' area









[4 nd 5]Exterior (where sliding glass door will be installed)




















I was amazed and excited to come home last night to find the sides of our new addition UP! Well, maybe not all in the right place, but hey, it looks different than the day before.
Right now, I think the worst part of our makeshift kitchen is the fact that (1) I constantly trip the circuit breaker because we have a toaster oven, 2 fridges, burners and microwave all on the same circuit breaker and (2) if the circuit cuts off, then I have to go out the front door, walk around to the construction, unlock the door (which isn't easy to do) and then flip is back 'guessing' that I am finding the correct one. Yesterday, I employed Henry to help, saying 'Mommie needs a rescue man to come and help' (as he had little interest in helping me until it became a game) and asking him to come turn on the TV. Thankfully, the TV turned on after a few attempts at flips and my 'rescue man' could get back to his puzzles and I could then lock up and go back around. So after 3 trips (one to see the progress and 2 to deal with the circuit breakers), I am back in the kicthen, carefully choosing microwave on, toaster oven off; toaster oven on, microwave off. . .no 2 at the same time mind you! And I hear what sounds like a generator going off in the 'empty kitchen remodelling space.' So instead of going back in there, in the event there is some type of construction equipment going off that a ghost or an electrical power change created, I called our GC. I explained it sounded like the thing they use for the power nails into the framing (yes, I am getting a little more experienced at this whole remodel thingy) and he explained that it was probably still plugged in and going on and off. . .so ONE more trip to the space to unplug the equipment.
Anyway, I am excited to post pictures of the progress. . . .

No comments: